iPhone catches fire as Menifee man makes call

Monday, October 16, 2017 12:16PM
A man in Menifee claims his smart phone caught fire while he was using it.


MENIFEE, Calif. - A man in Menifee claims his smartphone caught fire while he was using it.

Jeff Nelson said he was on a backhoe talking on his iPhone 6 when he smelled something burning.

"There I was just using my phone and it blew up," said Nelson.

At first, Nelson thought it was the engine of the backhoe, but then he realized the smell was coming from inside the vehicle's cabin.

"All of a sudden the top of my ear got real hot and I heard a 'psst' and this phone, I pulled it away from my ear and the phone started smoking," Nelson said.

Nelson suffered minor burns to his hand. Apple said they are looking into the matter.
(Copyright ©2017 KABC-TV. All Rights Reserved.)
Outbrain