LOS ANGELES - The triple-digit temperatures across several parts of Southern California could pose a serious health risk, especially if you're not paying attention to the warning signs.
Check out a list of easy tips to follow to stay safe in the dangerous heat:
- Drink at least eight glasses of water on a hot day to avoid dehydration
- Stay hydrated before even feeling thirsty
- Avoid outdoor workouts to help prevent heat exhaustion
- Look out for subtle sings of heat exhaustion, including nausea and suddenly no longer sweating
- If you happen to be out, even if it's for a short time, wear plenty of sunblock to avoid getting burned