The Los Angeles Department of Water and Power said its crews were working quickly to restore the power.
DOWNLOAD: The free ABC7 Los Angeles app for weather coverage on-the-go
As of 4 p.m., the LADWP said these were the neighborhoods experiencing the most outages:
- 8,000 customers without power in Del Rey
- 6,400 customers without power in Green Meadows
- 3,300 customers without power in Sherman Oaks
- 3,200 customers without power in Larchmont
- 3,055 customers without power in Canoga Park
The LADWP urged residents to use caution near downed or dangling power lines or poles. If you see a downed wire, you should assume it is live and immediately call 911. Never touch a downed power line.
MORE: Storm soaks roads, shuts down streets in Southern California
For more information about the outages, click here.