• BREAKING NEWS ABC shows live and on-demand -- Download the WATCH ABC app!

Firefighter dislocates shoulder in blaze

March 8, 2008 12:00:00 AM PST
A firefighter dislocated a shoulder while in the line of duty Friday. The blaze occurred at 10112 Riverside Drive just before 11 p.m. Friday.

According to the building's owner, a commercial dryer used for cleaning towels used on patients failed to turn off resulting in its contents catching fire.

One of the 70-plus firefighters who responded to the scene was on the second floor when that portion of the structure collapsed. He fell through to the first floor, resulting in his injury.

The injured firefighter was treated at Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center.

The blaze took about 43 minutes to extinguish.

 

Click here for more headlines from ABC7 Eyewitness News


Load Comments