"Two days I've been without power or anything. Both of my kids are asthmatics and they cannot breath here. I have had to keep them at my mother-in-law's house," said Manukyan.
One block over Mihia Ziate says his family will sweat through another night with temperatures inside of his house hovering at about 85 degrees.
"The whole night we had no power, no air conditioning with two toddlers in the house. All the food has gone bad in the refrigerator," said Ziate.
With temperatures in the San Fernando Valley climbing to 105 degrees or more on Friday, some residents without power were forced from their homes, including those with medical conditions.
"My dad and my mom both have sleep napia, and they need their machines, and we need electricity to run their machines at night so they can breath," said Covina resident Emelia Rodriguez.
In Granada Hills there were some tense moments in the Carrington home. Michael Carrington is a paraplegic and needs electricity to stay alive.
"I've got to keep this bed going. I am a few hours away from a medical emergency when it goes off, especially if it is in the middle of the night," said Carrington.
Transformers had overheated, but the head of the DWP promised to have them replaced by the end of Friday night.
Meanwhile in North Hollywood overheated power lines crashed into the street sparking a small fire Friday afternoon. Some workers were evacuated while crews repaired the damage.
Stay tuned to abc7.com for more on this story as it develops.