The Natural Resources Defense Council says the beaches have some of the highest levels of fecal bacteria in ocean water.
The council says Laguna Beach at Bolsa Chica State Beach and Huntington City Beach are clean.
Ten Worst Beaches:
- Avalon Beach, north of pier (Los Angeles County)
- Doheny State Beach, north beach (Orange County)
- Avalon Beach, near Busy Bee Cafe (Los Angeles County)
- Santa Monica State Beach, pier (Los Angeles County)
- Ocean Beach at Vicente Street (San Francisco County)
- Avalon Beach, south of pier (Los Angeles County)
- Cabrillo Beach, Cabrillo Beach Station (Los Angeles County)
- Santa Monica State Beach, Santa Monica Canyon (Los Angeles County)
- Rincon Beach Creek Mouth (Ventura County)
- Avalon Beach (Los Angeles County)
Meanwhile, four local beaches closed because of a sewage spill could reopen Tuesday.
A clogged pipeline sent 12,000 gallons of sewage into Spinnaker Bay in Long Beach over the weekend, and a health department spokesman said Mother's Beach, Marine Stadium, Colorado Lagoon and Alamitos Bay are all closed to swimmers.
Analysts will check out bacteria levels, and if they are back to normal, the beaches will reopen Tuesday morning.