• BREAKING NEWS ABC shows live and on-demand -- Download the WATCH ABC app!

Ventura residents displaced by fire

June 19, 2009 12:38:31 PM PDT
Three Ventura residents were sent running for safety when a fire roared through their home Thursday night.Firefighters were called to the 5300 block of Annapolis Court just after 7 p.m. When crews arrived they found heavy fire coming from the garage and front door of the single family home.

A thick tower of smoke from the fire could be seen for miles around.

Crews were able to put the blaze out in about 25 minutes.

Three residents who were at home when the fire broke out managed to escape uninjured. The Red Cross is offering assistance to the three displaced residents.

Investigators say the blaze was started by an accidental cooking fire involving grease.

Damage to the house and its contents is estimated at $350,000.

Report Typo |  Send Tip |  Get Alerts | Most Popular
Follow @abc7 on Twitter  |  Become a fan on Facebook


Load Comments