- Video: 'Modern' and 'Cougar' debut on ABC
- Blog: More entertainment at OnTheRedCarpet.com
- More: Most Popular stories, videos and more
- More: Get breaking news alerts
"That's the thing that attracted me the show the most was the ensemble aspect and I just thought it presents so much comic potential," said O'Neil. "That's my favorite part about it."
"Modern Family" is followed by another new comedy, "Cougar Town."
Courtney Cox stars in and produces, "Cougar Town." She plays a newly divorced mom and she's who's looking to get back into the dating world.
"I'm married to a guy seven years younger, so good for me! He's in now, a deal's a deal," said Cox. "I don't know why that's bad. There's a lot of men attracted to women for their experience, my husband finds getting older beautiful. He thinks it's great."
ABC's new Wednesday night schedule:
- "Modern Family" at 9 p.m.
- "Cougar Town" at 9:30 p.m.
- "Eastwick" at 10 p.m.