• BREAKING NEWS ABC shows live and on-demand -- Download the WATCH ABC app!

Unattended candles blamed for South L.A. fire

August 20, 2010 12:00:32 AM PDT
A fire tears through a duplex unit in South Los Angeles on Thursday night, and firefighters say unattended candles are to blame.The fire started at a duplex in the 900 block of West 81st Street at about 10:15 p.m. About 30 firefighters responded and put the fire out in about 15 minutes. No one was hurt.

Firefighters said the scorched duplex unit had no electricity, and that residents had left candles burning with no one home at the time.

The fire caused an estimated $90,000 in damage.


Load Comments