• BREAKING NEWS ABC shows live and on-demand -- Download the WATCH ABC app!

Congressman questions Metrolink victims' fund

August 31, 2010 12:00:00 AM PDT
A Southern California congressman says Metrolink's $200 million fund for victims and families of the 2008 Chatsworth crash may not be enough.

Metrolink and its former contractor Connex Railroad agreed last week to set up the fund. Their court filing signified they accept maximum liability for the tragedy that killed 25 people and injured more than 100 others.

But victims say the amount is not enough to cover their losses and medical expenses. They planned on meeting with Rep. Elton Gallegly to discuss ways to lift the liability limit.

A spokesman says the Republican congressman is considering a bill to change the law that Congress adopted in 1997 as part of the reauthorization of Amtrak.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.


Load Comments