• BREAKING NEWS ABC shows live and on-demand -- Download the WATCH ABC app!

O.C. aide allegedly distributed porn to kids

September 15, 2010 12:37:24 AM PDT
A former part-time aide of Villa Park Elementary School faces more sex charges, including distributing pornography to minors. The Orange County District Attorney's Office filed the charges on Monday against 20-year-old Miguel Antonio Mendoza of Orange.

Prosecutors said Mendoza was initially arrested last month for trying to arrange a meeting with an 11-year-old boy at a convenience store in Fountain Valley. They allege his intention was to engage in sex acts with the child.

Through their investigation, police said they were able identify two other victims, a 15-year-old and 17-year-old boy. Mendoza is accused of meeting the victims through an Internet cell phone application.

Mendoza allegedly text messaged all three victims and sent naked photographs of himself with the intent to sexually seduce them. He's also accused of asking the boys to send nude pictures of themselves to him via text messages.

Mendoza was arrested Tuesday morning and charged with several felony counts. If convicted, he could be sentenced up to 13 years in state prison.

The district attorney's office is seeking the public's help in identifying potentially more victims. If you have any information, you're asked to call (714) 347-8794 or (714) 593-4468.

Do you want the Eyewitness News team to call you? Get a FREE Morning Wake-up Call and personalized weather report at abc7.com/wakeup


Load Comments