Children's Hospital of Orange County was also fined $25,000 after an employee accessed the medical records of a co-worker's child without authorization.
Stolen records contained personal information, which included Social Security numbers and medical test results. Patients who could have been affected were all notified.
Other fines issued Friday:
- $125,000: Kaweah Manor Convalescent Hospital in Tulare County after an employee accessed and used the medical information of five patients.
- $60,000: Delano Regional Medical Center in Kern County after one patient's medical information was disclosed by an employee on three occasions.
- $42,500: Oroville Hospital in Butte County after one patient's medical information was disclosed by an employee on two occasions.
- $25,000: Children's Hospital of Orange in Orange County after one patient's medical information was accessed by one employee.
- $5,000: Biggs Gridley Memorial Hospital in Butte County after two employees accessed a patient's information on three occasions.
The smaller, rural hospital negotiated the smaller fine.
The Associated Press Contributed to this report.