Lindsay Lohan has lost a film role as a result of her extended stay in rehab.
In May it was reported that Lohan was set to play Linda Lovelace, who shot to fame with the 1972 film Deep Throat, in a new movie about her life, called Inferno. However, director Matthew Wilder says the film is moving on without Lohan.
"We are withdrawing our offer from Lindsay Lohan," Wilder told E! News. "We are currently in negotiations [with another actress] and working out the legalities of bringing her onboard."
He added, "We have stuck by Lindsay very patiently for a long time with a lot of love and support. Ultimately, the impossibility of insuring her -- and some other issues -- have made it impossible for us to go forward."
Lovelace, whose real name was Linda Susan Boreman, died in a 2002 car crash. Despite the success of "Deep Throat" - one of the first adult films to enter mainstream pop culture, the actress later denounced her pornography career and became an anti-porn activist.
Lindsay Lohan's mother Dina recently said on "The Today Show" that her daughter is "happy" and relaxed" as she continues treatment at the famed Betty Ford Center as part of court-mandated rehab given after failing a drug test in September.
This is Lindsay Lohan's fifth stint at a treatment center. A judge had sentenced her to rehab earlier this year at a hearing on her probation for a 2007 DUI arrest. The actress had pleaded guilty to being under the influence of cocaine and no contest to driving with a blood-alcohol level above 0.08 percent and reckless driving.
Lindsay Lohan is due back in court on February 25 and must continue to undergo random drug tests. Meanwhile, she has been ordered to remain at the Betty Ford center until at least Jan. 3, 2011 - past the Christmas and New Year's holidays - and Dina Lohan said her daughter may stay there longer.