• BREAKING NEWS ABC shows live and on-demand -- Download the WATCH ABC app!

Space heater likely sparked Compton home fire

A fire broke out at a home in Compton on Saturday, Nov. 27, 2010. Fire officials believe the blaze was likely sparked by a space heater.

November 27, 2010 12:00:00 AM PST
Some Compton residents got a frightening morning wakeup call when their house caught on fire on Saturday.The blaze broke out on the 1700 block of Castlegate Avenue around 4 a.m.

Crews knocked it down in just 13 minutes, but the damage was significant.

Three people also suffered minor burns and were treated at the scene. No firefighters were injured while battling the fire.

Investigators believe the fire was sparked by a space heater.

Damage estimates were not immediately available.

City News Service contributed to this report.


Load Comments