A total of 37 districts and schools in the two counties received Enhancing Education Through Technology Competitive Grants.
Among the recipients were:
- Los Angeles Unified School District, $3 million
- Long Beach Unified School District, $1 million
- William S. Hart Union High School District, $1 million
- Santa Ana Unified, $1 million
- Capistrano Unified, $500,000
- Glendale Unified, $500,000
- Pomona Unified, $500,000
The funds originated from the $862 billion American Recovery and Reinvestment Act.
According to the Department of Education, the grants will pay for data collection on graduation rates and aid in facilitating student preparation for a transition to higher education or a profession.
City News Service contributed to this report.