A woman who accused Lindsay Lohan of attacking her at the Betty Ford Center, where the actress is undergoing court-mandated rehab, is reportedly dropping a criminal complaint against her.
Dawn Holland, a former technician at the California treatment facility, had said Lohan, 24, caused her to sprain her arm and hand by engaging in a violent confrontation with her on December 12 after allegedly refusing take a breathalyzer test.
A criminal battery investigation was opened and the actress was named as a suspect, although no arrests were made. Lohan's attorney said the actress was the one who called 911.
"A crime has quite simply not been committed by Ms. Lohan," he said. "Dawn will not continue to press charges against Lindsay, nor will she be assisting any further in the investigation or prosecution."
The actress has not commented. Holland was fired earlier this week after violating confidentiality guidelines by talking about the incident in a video interview to the TMZ website.
Lohan was sentenced to rehab earlier this year at a hearing on her probation for a 2007 arrest. The actress had pleaded guilty to being under the influence of cocaine and no contest to driving with a blood-alcohol level above 0.08 percent and reckless driving.
Lohan has completed several stints in jail for her conviction and has undergone treatment in rehab centers several times, including for unrelated incidents. A judge has ordered her to stay at the Betty Ford center until at least Jan. 3, 2011. The actress is scheduled to be back in court on February 25.
Lohan is known for her roles in "Freaky Friday" and "Mean Girls." She was recently dropped from a movie role as a result of her extended stay in rehab. She was set to play Linda Lovelace, who shot to fame with the 1972 film "Deep Throat," in a new movie about her life, called "Inferno." Director Matthew Wilder says the film is moving on without Lohan .