• BREAKING NEWS ABC shows live and on-demand -- Download the WATCH ABC app!

OTRC: Lindsay Lohan to leave rehab in a few days

Lindsay Lohan at a hearing at the Beverly Hills Courthouse in Beverly Hills, Calif., Friday, Sept. 24, 2010.

Lindsay Lohan is set next week to leave the Betty Ford Center, where she has been undergoing court-mandated rehab stemming from a 2007 drunken driving and drug possession case.

In October, a judge ruled the 24-year-old actress, who has been sent to jail several times for the conviction and for violating the terms of her probation, must undergo treatment until Jan. 3, 2011. Her father, Michael, says Lohan will leave the treatment facility on Tuesday, a day later, and move into a new home in Los Angeles, CNN reported.

Lohan's next court date is on Feb. 25, 2011. If a judge rules she has stayed clean and sober, her supervised probation could end. If not, she could be sent to jail for another stint - this time, lasting up to 180 days.

Lohan has completed a total of three stints behind bars - the first lasting 84 minutes, the second, 14 days. In September, she spent 15 hours in jail after she failed a drug test and wrote about it on her Twitter page. She entered a rehabilitation center days later.

Lohan has undergone also treatment in rehab centers several times, including for unrelated incidents. Her most recent stint began in late September.

Lohan, known for her roles in "Freaky Friday" and "Mean Girls, pleaded guilty in 2007 to being under the influence of cocaine and no contest to driving with a blood-alcohol level above 0.08 percent and reckless driving.

She was recently dropped from a movie role following her turmoil. She was set to play Linda Lovelace, who shot to fame with the 1972 film "Deep Throat," in a new movie about her life, called "Inferno." Director Matthew Wilder says the film is moving on without Lohan.

Earlier this month, a Betty Ford Center technician accused Lindsay Lohan of attacking her after allegedly refusing take a breathalyzer test. A criminal battery investigation was opened and the actress was named as a suspect, although no arrests were made.

The technician was later fired after speaking to the press and retracted her comments, saying the actress never committed a crime and that the complaint would be dropped.

(Copyright ©2014 OnTheRedCarpet.com. All Rights Reserved.)
Load Comments