Authorities say the suspects had guns, a grenade, and a machete, and some of the victims may have been beheaded.
Four suspects had been detained in relation to some of the attacks, officials said.
The killings come on the heels of the start of the Mexican Open tennis tournament on Monday. The ATP says it's satisfied with the security measures being taken for the tournament but warns players and tourists to stay close to their hotels and not venture out in the city.
The attacks began Friday, when five taxi drivers were found dead in or near their vehicles.
The slaughter continued Saturday, when a driver was found bound and shot to death near his taxi, and two others were found dead of bullet wounds inside their vehicles. One of the drivers had been beheaded.
Gunmen opened fire on yet another taxi, killing the driver and three passengers.
On Sunday, the violence came closer to the city's tourist zone, where the tennis matches are held. Five cars were set afire and a man's body was found hacked to pieces outside an apartment building.
Dozens of cars have been set ablaze in Acapulco in recent days, for reasons that are not entirely clear.
The Associated Press contributed to this story.