• BREAKING NEWS ABC shows live and on-demand -- Download the WATCH ABC app!

Police search Charlie Sheen's home for guns

March 10, 2011 12:00:00 AM PST
Los Angeles police searched for firearms at actor Charlie Sheen's house Thursday night as part of a possible violation of a restraining order against him, authorities said.

Detectives with the Los Angeles Police Department raided his Sherman Oaks mansion after receiving a tip that there might be guns registered under his name.

The actor's ex wife, Brooke Mueller, obtained a temporary restraining order against Sheen that would prohibit him from possessing weapons.

Sheen tweeted, "all good here on homefront. all reports are false. I'll explain more very soon."

No other details were released.

Earlier in the day, Sheen filed a lawsuit against Warner Bros. and "Two and a Half Men" co-creator/producer Chuck Lorre, claiming he was wrongfully terminated from the hit CBS show and alleging breach of contract. The lawsuit, filed in Los Angeles Superior Court in Santa Monica, asks for unpaid wages, along with compensatory damages of $100 million.

Shortly after filing the lawsuit, Sheen tweeted, "#Fastball; Torpedo away... You corporate Trolls were warned. And now you've been served! C."

The lawsuit alleges production was halted on the TV comedy to punish Sheen, and that Lorre and Warner Bros. conspired to blame the actor for causing production to stop. It mentions years of Lorre allegedly humiliating, harassing and disparaging Sheen.

The suit also was filed on behalf of the sitcom's crew, which was put out of work.

ABC News legal analyst Dana Cole said that is most likely a public relations move by Sheen and there's a good chance any judge in the case will deny it.

"I think he's trying to gain the good guy advantage by saying look what I'm trying to do for all the below the line crew people," Cole said.

Representatives for Warner Bros. and Lorre declined to comment on the suit.

On Monday, Sheen was fired from "Two and a Half Men" after eight years on the show. Since Sheen earned an estimated $1.8 million an episode and was signed through next year, the "unpaid wages" Sheen referred to could add up to another $50 million or more.

Sheen had been waging a multimedia campaign against the show's producers.

The show had been suspended from production Feb. 24 after Sheen made controversial remarks about the show's producer during a radio interview.

"I'm dealing with fools and trolls," Sheen said."[Lorre] mistook this rock star for his own selfish exit strategy, bro. I embarrassed him in front of his children and the world by healing at a pace that his unevolved mind cannot process."

Since then, the 45-year-old actor has attacked the show's producers in multiple TV interviews.

"I've got a whole family to support and love," Sheen said in an interview with ABC News correspondent Andrea Canning. "People beyond me are relying on that. I'm here to collect. They're going to lose. They're going to lose in a courtroom, so I would recommend that they settle out of court."

"Two and a Half Men," which debuted in 2003, stars Sheen as a womanizing bachelor who creates an ad hoc family with his neurotic brother and a nephew. It's been TV's most successful and lucrative sitcom, earning hundreds of millions of dollars for Warner.

Warner Bros. Television said no decision has been made on the show's future. However, rumors have circulated about the possibility of bringing in another actor, such as John Stamos, to replace Sheen.

Meanwhile, tens of thousands of people are vying to be Sheen's new intern. In a partnership with the website Interships.com, the star tweeted Monday that the position was available.

Since then, more than 74,000 people from 181 countries have applied for the job. Sheen says he'll pay the intern to help leverage his social media network this summer.

The Associated Press contributed to this story.

Load Comments