• BREAKING NEWS ABC shows live and on-demand -- Download the WATCH ABC app!

OTRC: Alec Baldwin tells Charlie Sheen 'beg for your job back'

Alec Baldwin appears in 2010 promotional photo for the NBC series '30 Rock.' (Art Streiber/ NBC)

Alec Baldwin is offering Charlie Sheen some sound advice in a new first-person piece written for The Huffington Post titled, "'Two and a Half Men' is Better Than None."

"Take a nap. Get a shower. Call Chuck. Go on Letterman and make an apology," the "30 Rock" actor tells Sheen.

"Then beg for your job back. Your fans demand it," he adds. "Sober up, Charlie. And get back on TV, if it's not too late... Beg for America's forgiveness. They will give it to you."

The actor's main argument stems from his experience negotiating for the sequel for "The Hunt For Red October," in which he played the role of Jack Ryan based off Tom Clancy novels. Baldwin talks about losing the role, which later went on to Harrison Ford in two other films, because of contract negotiations with a film executive.

Much like Sheen's recent public rants, Baldwin also had to deal with a public relations nightmare when his angry voice mail to his daughter leaked online. During the message he called his daughter, Ireland, a "rude, thoughtless little pig."

"You can't win. Really. You can't," Baldwin tells Sheen in the piece. "When executives at studios and networks move up to the highest ranks, they are given a book. The book is called 'How to Handle Actors.' And one principle held dear in that book is that no actor is greater than the show itself when the show is a hit."

Baldwin adds, "And, in that regard, they are often right. Add to that the fact that the actor who is torturing their diseased egos is a drug-addled, porn star-squiring, near-Joycean Internet ranter, and they really want you to go."

Sheen filed a $100 million lawsuit against "Two and a Half Men" co-creator Chuck Lorre and Warner Bros. on Thursday, days after he was fired from the CBS show.

Production on "Two and a Half Men" was suspended in January after the 45-year-old actor underwent rehab for drug and alcohol addiction and halted in February after he insulted Lorre during a radio interview.

Sheen had said in interviews last week that he is currently sober. Warner Bros. Television said in its firing letter that the actor had "been engaged in dangerously self-destructive conduct and appears to be very ill." Sheen called his firing "illegal."

Sheen says in his lawsuit that Lorre humiliated, harassed and disparaged him publicly and that "Warner Bros. capitulated to Lorre's egotistical desire to punish Mr. Sheen and to stop work on the series for the rest of the season."

He also says Lorre "unilaterally" decided to stop writing scripts for the show in mid-February, weeks after production was suspended following Sheen's rehab stint.

Lorre's lawyer said Sheen's allegations against his client were "recklessly false." Spokespeople for Warner Bros., the show's production company, declined comment.

Sheen also says that Warner Bros. and Lorre made more than $1 billion off of him, the cast and crew rendering services on the show. Sheen, formerly the highest-paid actor on television, reportedly earned $1.25 million for each episode.

Sheen began playing party-loving Charlie Harper on "Two and a Half Men" when the series premiered in 2003. Jon Cryer was cast as his character's straight-edge brother.

Rob Lowe and John Stamos have been speculated by many as possible replacements for Sheen on "Two and a Half Men."

Lowe's spokesperson refused comment, when reached by OnTheRedCarpet.com, and a producer on his current television series "Parks and Recreation," said he could not star on "Two and a Half Men" because he was bound by contract to the NBC series.

(Copyright ©2014 OnTheRedCarpet.com. All Rights Reserved.)

Load Comments