"This is kind of my first introduction to the world. So I hope I make a good first impression," said Kane.
Kane, who used to be known as Chelsea Staub, has made a career for herself playing to the younger crowd. Now, this Disney Channel star wants to show off a different side.
"A lot of people don't know me and I'm excited to grow up and put on a shorter skirt," she said with a laugh.
Kane currently provides the voice of the character Bea in the Disney Channel series "Fish Hooks." She's also been in several other Disney series.
"I've been doing children's entertainment my entire life. I've always done stuff for kids, which is awesome. They're some of the greatest fans, they're so supportive and I hope they tune in and I hope they're into it," said Kane. "They're really honest so I'm a little worried about the tweets, I'm more worried about what they say to me more so than the judges."
One thing Kane already knows she has is support from her good friend and colleague, last season's second place finisher, Kyle Massey. Now it's her turn to feel that excitement as she dives headfirst into the adventure, with her partner, two-time champ Mark Ballas.
"I can't wait to be an old lady and show pictures, and say, "Yep, I looked really, really good in that belly top.' So that's kind of what made me do it," said Kane.
Other Season 12 partners:
- Actress Kirstie Alley and Maksim Chmerkovskiy
- WWE star Chris Jericho and Cheryl Burke
- Boxer Sugar Ray Leonard and Anna Trebunskaya
- Karate Kid Ralph Macchio and Karina Smirnoff
- Model Petra Nemcova and Dmitry Chaplin
- Rapper and actor Romeo and Chelsie Hightower
- Football star Hines Ward and Kym Johnson
- Reality star Kendra Wilkinson and Louis van Amstel
- Talk show host Wendy Williams and Tony Dovolani
- Radio personality Mike Catherwood and Lacey Schwimmer
"Dancing With the Stars" kicks off Season 12 on Monday, March 21 at 8 p.m. on ABC7.