• BREAKING NEWS ABC shows live and on-demand -- Download the WATCH ABC app!

Huntington Beach Hospital worker electrocuted, dies

A worker at the Huntington Beach Hospital has died after he was electrocuted on Tuesday, March 29, 2011.

March 29, 2011 12:00:00 AM PDT
A window washer at Huntington Beach Hospital was electrocuted on Tuesday morning.

Authorities said a man was washing windows at the three-story medical building at about 6:34 a.m. when an extension rod he was holding came into contact with a 12,000-volt power line.

Officials said the man died at the scene. The name of the victim was not released.

The north side of the building, located at Beach Boulevard and Newman Avenue, was briefly evacuated as a precaution. The Good Shepherd Cemetery, which is next to the hospital, was not affected.

The county coroner and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) were investigating the death.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Load Comments