Three-year-old Aiden Lindsey was at home in Boca Raton when a lamp fell over and sparked a small fire. He ran in to the room to help his mother.
"So I picked the lamp up and there was a fire underneath. And he ran in with a Tupperware of water that he was pretending to drink soup from and he pushed me aside and poured the water out onto the fire," described the toddler's mother, Erica Lindsey.
It turns out Aiden comes from several generations of firefighters. He also paid close attention when Palm Beach County firefighters recently visited his preschool to talk about fire safety.
Those same firefighters plan to give the toddler a junior firefighter certificate Tuesday.