• BREAKING NEWS ABC shows live and on-demand -- Download the WATCH ABC app!

OTRC: 'Two and a Half Men' saga: Charlie Sheen not set to return, studio says

Charlie Sheen filed a $100 million lawsuit against 'Two and a Half Men' co-creator Chuck Lorre and Warner Bros. on March 10, three days after he was fired from the CBS show amid his rants against Lorre and other executives and January stint in rehab. They settled. (Pictured: Charlie Sheen during 'Sheen's Corner Episode 4, Building the Perfect Torpedo,' the actor's fourth uStream webcast posted on Monday, March 8, 2011. (youtube.com/user/TheWYTV)

Lawyers for the Warner Bros. Television, the studio behind "Two and a Half Men," are rejecting Charlie Sheen's claim that he's in talks to return to the hit CBS sitcom, according to The Associated Press.

A letter Thursday from attorneys for Warner Bros. Television to Sheen's lawyer dismisses as "false" Sheen's comments that discussions are under way to reinstate him. The details of the letter were confirmed to the wire service by a person close to the situation who requested anonymity because they lacked authority to speak publicly.

Sheen reportedly told a Boston radio station Tuesday that there was an "85 percent" chance of his returning to "Two and a Half Men."

The actor has making headlines over the past few months due to a rehab stint for alcohol and drug abuse, a custody battle with his estranged wife and on-air rants on television, radio and on the Web against the co-creator of his CBS comedy series, "Two and a Half Men."

He was later axed from the show, which reportedly paid him more than $1.8 million an episode, and producers said he had "been engaged in dangerously self-destructive conduct and appears to be very ill." He has since sued them for $100 million.

The letter from the firm of Munger, Tolles & Olson to Sheen's attorney, Marty Singer, says there are no discussions regarding Sheen rejoining "Two and Half Men" and there will be none.

However, according to The Hollywood Reporter, Sheen's Lawyer, Mary Singer says, "There absolutely have been discussions." He added, "As late as this Tuesday there have been discussions about Charlie coming back and everyone was involved."

The attorney says that the letter sent by the Warner Bros. attorneys was in response to an earlier letter Singer wrote to Warner Bros. last week insisting Sheen be paid for profits from the first seven seasons of the hit CBS series.

"What's going on here is I wrote a demand letter about Charlie not being paid for the first seven seasons," Singer told the industry paper. "This is the response. Those episodes have nothing to do with this dispute and Charlie should be paid accordingly."

Sheen is currently on his "Violent Torpedo of Truth" tour which plays in Toronto, Ontario on Thursday and Atlantic City, New Jersey on Saturday.

Check out his tour dates below.

April 14, 2011 - Massey Hall, Toronto, ON
April 16, 2011 - Trump Taj Mahal, Atlantic City NJ,
April 19, 2011 - DAR Constitution HallWashington, DC
April 21, 2011 - Fox Theatre Atlanta, Atlanta, GA
April 22, 2011 - St Pete Times Forum, Tampa, FL
April 23, 2011 - BankAtlantic Center, Sunrise, FL
April 26, 2011 - Verizon Wireless Theater, Houston, TX
April 27, 2011 - American Airlines Center, Dallas, TX
April 28, 2011 - Wells Fargo Theatre, Denver, CO
April 30, 2011 - Nob Hill Masonic Auditorium, San Francisco, CA
May 3, 2011 - Comcast Arena, Everett, WA

(Copyright ©2014 OnTheRedCarpet.com. All Rights Reserved.)

Load Comments