Lindsay Lohan recently obtained a temporary restraining order against a man she says has been stalking her, adding that she believes he intends to sexually assault her.
The man, David Cocordan, 38, has not commented. The 24-year-old actress says in the order, granted by a judge on Thursday, May 19 at a Los Angeles court and obtained by OnTheRedCarpet.com, that he has been stalking her since at least June 2009. Cocordan is now prohibited from trying to meet or contact Lohan and must remain 100 yards away from her.
Lohan says Cocordan, who lives about 45 miles away from the actress, has often appeared near her Los Angeles-area home, followed her in public, phoned her repeatedly, has sent her dozens of text messages and has ignored warnings to stop by her bodyguard. She adds that the man has "expressed delusional thoughts and irrational feelings about his belief that we are in a relationship."
"In the last four weeks, Mr. Cocordan's behavior has escalated significantly, and he has come to my private residence at least three different times and has left me packages containing a heart-shaped box of chocolates and extensive magazine articles about me with Mr. Cocordan's name written into the articles as if they were about the two of us," she added.
The actress said she recently received a sexually-explicit text message from the man earlier this month and that it showed he "intends to sexually assault me." She said she reported the man to the police on May 13 and that officials determined he is schizophrenic and has a "significant psychiatric history of acting on his delisional beliefs."
Corcodan has identified himself by several names, including David Hilton and DJ Elexia, Lohan says.A hearing is set to be held on June 8 to determine if a permanent restraining order will be issued against him.
More than a week later, Lohan must report for a 120-day jail sentence, handed down for a violation of her probation stemming from a 2007 drunk driving and cocaine possession case.
The actress, who has served time behind bars before, has said she supports the judge's decision. She was ordered earlier this month to report to a Los Angeles jail by June 17 to begin her sentence, which was first handed down at an April 22 hearing and which she could end up serving at home under house arrest.
Lohan had pleaded no contest to misdemeanor theft in a missing $2,500 necklace case. She was given three more years of probation for the case. A judge had ruled the actress had violated her existing probation from her 2007 DUI incident by being charged with theft in the first place.
She was issued her 120-day jail sentence and ordered to complete her community service hours at a women's shelter and in a morgue. Lohan reported for community service duty days after the ruling. The actress was also ordered to undergo psychological counseling, attend a Shoplifters Alternative class and pay several fines.
Since her theft charge was reduced from a felony to a misdemeanor, and because prisons in California are overcrowded, Lohan could end up doing her time inside her own home with an electronic monitoring device.
The judge had said Lohan had been pre-approved for house arrest and Holley says she began the process to request it and it looks like she will be approved. The judge added that Lohan will not be allowed to perform her community service if she is placed under house arrest. The actress was also ordered to return to court for a progress report on July 21.
Lohan has been to jail several times for stints that have lasted between 84 minutes and 14 days, a sentence reduced from 90 days mostly due to overcrowding. Last month, after her sentencing for her probation violation, Lohan spent several hours inside a Los Angeles jail before she was bailed out.