The monthly $55,000 child support payments that Charlie Sheen gives ex-wife Brooke Mueller will be garnished from wages he receives from "Two and a Half Men" production company Warner Bros. Television, a judge recently ruled.
An attorney for the 45-year-old actor said in a statement obtained by OnTheRedCarpet.com: "This year, Warner Bros has not paid Charlie one dime from his backend for his work done on his prior seasons and stopped paying his salary after January."
Mueller, mother of his 2-year-old twin sons, has not commented. The child support payments were dictated as part of the terms of the couple's divorce, which was finalized on May 2.
Sheen was fired from "Two and a Half Men," one of CBS' most successful comedy shows, in March following months of personal turmoil and a slew of on-air rants against the program's co-creator.
On Friday, a Los Angeles judge approved a request by Mueller to garnish any payments Warner Bros. Television makes to her ex-husband, the AP said.
"Two and a Half Men" is currently on hiatus but is syndicated and reruns air around the world. Actors on popular network shows are typically paid for older episodes of the programs as well as for new ones. It is unclear if Sheen had such an agreement.
Sheen set a Guinness World Record for being the highest-paid actor on television in 2010 and reportedly earned $1.25 million per episode of "Two and a Half Men."
Sheen and Mueller married in 2008. In August 2010, Sheen pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor assault charge regarding a confrontation with Mueller that had occurred in December 2009. He was sentenced to 30 days in a rehabilitation center, 30 days of probation and 36 hours of anger management.
The actor filed for divorce from Mueller in November. Both have battled substance abuse in recent months.
In March, before his firing from "Two and a Half Men," Mueller filed a temporary restraining order against the actor and had their sons removed from his Hollywood home, citing domestic violence and calling him "insane." Sheen denied her claims.
Sheen made a bid for sole custody of their twins earlier this year but was rejected. A judge ruled instead that a previous deal the two had worked out regarding their children will remain in effect. It dictates that Mueller maintains primary custody of the boys and that the two parties must remain sober for the terms of the agreement to remain valid.
Sheen has not filming a television or film acting project since his firing. The fate of his "Two and a Half Men" character, party-loving bachelor Charlie Harper, remains unclear. Recent reports said he may be killed off the series, which has since cast Ashton Kutcher but has not specified his role. A spokesperson for the network declined comment. Warner Bros. Television and Sheen have not responded.
The production company had said in its termination letter that Sheen had "been engaged in dangerously self-destructive conduct and appears to be very ill." Sheen called his firing "illegal" and later sued CBS and Warner Bros. Television for $100 million over his firing. The case will be sent to a private arbitrator, who will decide how the case will proceed, and will not go to trial, a Los Angeles judge ruled on June 15.
Lorre and the program's production company, Warner Bros., were ordered by the court to file a status report of the proceedings before the arbitrator on or before Nov. 30. and the case is set to be reviewed two days later, according to legal documents obtained by OnTheRedCarpet.com.