TNT has canceled their dramedy "Men of a Certain Age" due to low ratings, the network confirmed to OnTheRedCarpet.com on Friday.
"TNT has been proud to be a part of 'Men of a Certain Age' for two seasons," the network's spokesperson said in a statement to OnTheRedCarpet.com. "While the show has featured great storytelling and impeccable performances, the audience simply hasn't built to the point where we can continue the series."
On the show, Romano, Scott Bakula and Andre Braugher played middle-aged men who have been friends since college. The show premiered to critical praise in late 2009 and wrapped its second season earlier in the month with relatively low ratings.
"This was an extremely difficult decision for us," the statement continued. "We wish Ray Romano, Mike Royce and the terrific cast and crew of 'Men of a Certain Age' the very best and look forward to exploring new programming possibilities in the future."
Romano teamed up with "Everybody Loves Raymond" writer and executive producer, Mike Royce, to co-create the series.
At Turner's May up fronts, Romano told The Hollywood Reporter that he would continue the show, "as long as we're having fun. What else am I doing? I'm like Richard Gere in 'An Officer and A Gentleman' - 'I got nowhere else to go!'"
The announcement comes the day after Braugher received his second supporting drama actor Emmy nomination for his role on the show (check out the full list of Emmy nominations).