The "Mr. Magoo Bandit" is suspected of robbing five San Diego banks since September 2010, according to the FBI's San Diego office.
The suspect is believed to have robbed a US Bank branch at 1331 Rosecrans in San Diego on Wednesday. He's believed to have robbed the same location on July 12, according to the FBI.
On Wednesday, the suspect allegedly entered the bank, approached a teller at the counter and handed over a demand note. The teller complied with the note and handed over an undisclosed amount of money. The suspect then walked out of the bank. No suspect vehicle was seen.
The suspect is described as a Caucasian man approximately 35 to 40 years old, standing about 5 feet 10 or 11 inches tall, weighing about 185 to 200 pounds with a medium build. He is bald and clean-shaven and wears eyeglasses.
The "Mr. Magoo Bandit" is suspected of the following robberies, according to the FBI:
- November 23, 2010, Wells Fargo Bank, 1350 Fashion Valley Drive, San Diego
- June 6, 2011, Wells Fargo Bank, 1350 Fashion Valley Drive, San Diego
- July 12, 2011, U.S. Bank, 1331 Rosecrans, San Diego
- July 27, 2011, U.S. Bank, 3201 University Avenue, San Diego
- August 10, 2011, U.S. Bank, 1331 Rosecrans, San Diego
Anyone with information concerning the "Mr. Magoo Bandit" is asked to contact the FBI at (858) 565-1255, and/or the San Diego Police Department Robbery Unit at (619) 531-2299, or Crime Stoppers at (888) 580-8477.