• BREAKING NEWS ABC shows live and on-demand -- Download the WATCH ABC app!

Fire causes evacuation at Azusa nursing home

Residents of a nursing home in Azusa were evacuated Monday after one of the bedrooms went up in flames.

August 15, 2011 12:00:00 AM PDT
Residents of a nursing home in Azusa had some scary moments after one of the bedrooms went up in flames.

The fire broke out shortly after midnight Monday at Edgewood Center located on the 200 block of West Paramount Street.

Authorities said that a malfunctioning electric fan was to blame.

The facility's 14 residents had to be evacuated, but they have been allowed back into the building.

No injuries were reported.