• BREAKING NEWS ABC shows live and on-demand -- Download the WATCH ABC app!

OTRC: Conrad Murray trial: Doctor back in court for day 4 (recap)

Sept. 29, 2011: Dr. Conrad Murray, charged in Michael Jackson's death, appears in court at his involuntary manslaughter trial.

Conrad Murray, the former doctor of the late Michael Jackson, is back in court for day 4 of his involuntary manslaughter trial.

NOTE: You can watch the proceedings online: OnTheRedCarpet.com is hosting a LIVE STREAM of the Conrad Murray trial, which began on September 27.

Among those expected to testify on Friday, September 30, are two Emergency Medical Technicians and doctors from UCLA Medical Center, where Jackson was pronounced dead on June 25, 2009.

Autopsy results have shown that the singer died at age 50 from an overdose of the anesthetic propofol, which he called his "milk," due to its white shade, and other sedatives. Murray, had said he gave Jackson a dose of propofol as a sleeping aid in his house on the day he died and has pleaded not guilty to involuntary manslaughter.

Murray faces up to four years in prison and the loss of his medical license if convicted. Murray's lawyers maintain that Jackson drank propofol on his own while the doctor was away from his bedside and that the dose Murray had administered was too low to be fatal.

On Thursday, the jury heard from Kai Chase, Jackson's personal chef, and Alberto Alvarez, his former bodyguard, who witnessed the singer unconscious in his bed hours before he was pronounced dead.

Chase testified that she was preparing a lunch of spinach Cobb salad with organic turkey breast for the King of Pop on the day he died when Murray came down the stairs in a panic and yelled at her to "go get help, go get security, go get Prince."

Prince is the oldest of the singer's three children. At the time of his father's death, he was 12 years old.

The chef said Murray did not tell her to call 911. Prosecutors have criticized Murray for not contacting emergency services before anyone else after he discovered Jackson laying unresponsive in his bedroom.

Chase said after Murray yelled his request for help, she went to get his son.

I said, 'Prince, Dr. Murray needs you. There may be something wrong with your father.'"

When asked to explain why she approached the boy before anyone else, Chase said: "The decision I made was because Prince was in my eyesight and at that moment, Dr. Murray was vey frantic and very disturbed. The first thing that I thought of was to immediately get some help and that was the fastest thing I could do. I did what I was told."

"Prince and I both turned around and ran back into the kitchen and he approached Dr. Murray," she said. "I went back to work."

Chase said she resumed her lunch preparations and that several minutes later, security guards soon rushed into the home. She said she heard and saw staff members, including housekeepers, and Jackson's children crying several feet outside of the kitchen.

"I asked them (the staff) why they were crying they said ... 'We think Mr. Jackson may be ill," Chase said. "The children were crying and screaming. We started hugging and we came together and we held hands and we started praying. The energy in the house did not feel good. It was not the energy that I have always felt in this home that I worked for in the time that I was with Mr. Jackson and his children."

She never saw Murray after that. At this time, she said, paramedics and security guards ran up the stairs to the second floor to get to Jackson.

Phone records show Murray called Jackson's assistant, Michael Amir Williams (listen here), minutes before emergency services were contacted, and told him the singer had a "bad reaction." Earlier on Thursday, Jackson's former bodyguard Alberto Alvarez, testified that Williams relayed to him Murray's message and told him to go to the home to check on the singer.

Chase noted that Williams' cell phone number was the only contact number she had for Jackson, whose home did not appear to have a land line.

Alvarez complied and said he saw Murray performing CPR on Jackson. Prince and his sister, Paris, witnessed the scene from outside the room, he and security chief Faheem Muhammad confirmed. Alvarez said he ushered the children away, then returned to the room.

He said the doctor ordered him to collect several medicine vials and a saline bag, which Alvarez later confirmed contained a bottle of propofol, before instructing him to call 911. That phone call was played in court. (listen to it here)

"In my personal experience, I believed Dr. Murray had the best intentions for Mr. Jackson," Alvarez added. "I didn't question his authority."

On Tuesday, one of the prosecutors played to the jury a recording of a voice message by Jackson, found on Murray's iPhone, to demonstrate the effect propofol had on him as he prepared for his "This Is It" UK tour. The singer's voice is deeply slurred. Jackson's co-directer, Kenny Ortega, said the singer appeared unwell days before his death.

Don't forget: In addition to supplying you with breaking news reports, OnTheRedCarpet.com will provide a live stream of the Conrad Murray trial.