• BREAKING NEWS ABC shows live and on-demand -- Download the WATCH ABC app!

OTRC: Conrad Murray trial: Doctor back for Day 7 (recap)

Oct. 5, 2011: Conrad Murray appears at his involuntary manslaughter trial.

Conrad Murray, the former doctor of the late Michael Jackson, is back in court for day 7 of his involuntary manslaughter trial.

NOTE: You can watch the proceedings online: OnTheRedCarpet.com is hosting a LIVE STREAM of the Conrad Murray trial, which began on September 27.

On Wednesday, October 5, computer forensic examiner Stephen Marx testified that several emails were recovered from Murray's iPhone on the morning of Jackson's death on June 25, 2009. They contained handwritten notes and medical records referencing a patient named Omar Arnold, which prosecutors have said is one of the aliases Murray used to fill the singer's prescriptions.

An Echo cardiograph report and a log of medications for "Omar Arnold" were attached to the emails, which were sent to the doctor just after 5:30 p.m. on June 24, 2009 by a medical volunteer at his Las Vegas clinic. Among the drugs listed were Xanax, used to treat anxiety and panic disorders, the skin whitening cream Benoquin, Robitussin, used to relieve chest congestion, as well as vitamins.

Murray, 58, suspended his regular practices in Las Vegas and Houston in the spring of 2009 to take a $150,000-per-month job as Jackson's personal doctor while the singer was on his "This Is It" London tour. Jackson died at age 50 in his Los Angeles home while Murray was away from his bedside and was officially pronounced dead at a hospital.

Autopsy results have shown that Jackson died from an overdose of the anesthetic propofol, which he called his "milk," and other sedatives. The King of Pop had suffered a cardiac arrest at his home beforehand. Murray said he gave Jackson a dose of propofol as a sleeping aid on the day he died. He has pleaded not guilty to involuntary manslaughter.

Murray faces up to four years in prison and the loss of his medical license if convicted. The doctor's lawyers maintain that Jackson drank propofol and consumed other medications on his own while the doctor was away from his bedside, that the dose of propofol Murray had administered was too low to be fatal and that he was trying to wean the singer off the drug.

Murray was married at the time of Jackson's death. On Tuesday, October 4, the jury heard from his girlfriend, Nicole Alvarez, the mother of his son, who was born in March 2009. She said that during the month before Jackson's death, the doctor ordered packages to be delivered to her apartment. Prosecutors say they contained propofol meant to be used on the King of Pop.

A pharmacist from Las Vegas, Tim Lopez, testified that Murray ordered 255 vials of propofol and other drugs, including anti-anxiety agents, the anesthetic and antiarrhythmic drug Lidocaine and Benoquin, to be delivered to that address. Prosecutors say they were sent to Alvarez's home.

On Wednesday, Sally Hirschberg from Sea Coast Medical, a pharmaceutical company, testified that in April 2009, Ng, the medical volunteer at his Las Vegas office, talked to her over the phone about an order that raised a "red flag" because it was to be shipped to a residential address in California.

Hirschberg said she declined the request, adding that all previous orders had been shipped to Murray's Las Vegas office, and that this one and future orders continued to be sent there.

Invoices presented to the jury show that between April and June 2009, Murray's office ordered from Sea Coast Medical supplies such as infusion and IV administration kits, syringes, an Ambu bag, catheters - including condom catheters, and Lidocaine an anesthetic and antiarrhythmic drug often used to numb an injection area. Murray's attorney pointed out that the doctor had ordered IV administration sets as far back as October 2007.

"Was it unusual for company to order Lidocaine?" Hirschberg was asked, to which she responded: "Not unusual, just not a lot."

She added that on June 26, 2009, the day after Jackson died, Ng spoke to her by phone around 9:26 p.m. and asked to cancel an order for condom catheter bags.


Prosecutors want to prove Murray demonstrated "gross negligence" while Jackson was under his care. They are trying to establish a full timeline of precisely what the doctor was doing in the moments before Jackson's death.

Prosecutors have criticized the doctor for not contacting emergency services before anyone else after he discovered the singer laying unresponsive in his bedroom. Phone records show that during the hours before Jackson's death, several calls, texts and voicemails were made from and received by Murray.

Michelle Bella testified on October 4 that she met Murray in February 2008 at a "social-type club" where she worked in Las Vegas. She said the two began to see each other and that the doctor sent her a text message on the day Jackson died. Prosecutors said he sent it at 8:35 a.m.

One of Murray's former patients, Las Vegas woman Antoinette Gill, called the doctor at 8:49 a.m., records show. She said she had a "very short" phone conversation with Murray.

Dr. Joanne Bednarz-Prashad, a Texas physician, confirmed that she contacted the doctor on June 25, 2009 at 10:20 a.m. to consult with him about one of his former patients.

Stacey Ruggles, a former employee of Murray, said the doctor called her on the morning of Jackson's death and that she phoned him back at 11:07 a.m. and had a brief conversation with him about opening an office in memory of his late father. She also said most of his Houston patients were "unable to afford a physician and that "there was very minimal amount of income that came in from that office during that period of time."

On the day Jackson died, Murray called his Las Vegas office at around 11:18 a.m., one of its medical volunteers testified. Records show that at 11:26 a.m., Los Angeles woman Bridgette Morgan, who said she had "formed a relationship" with Murray, called the doctor. She said he did not answer.

Another former patient, Robert Russell, said Murray had told him of his decision to provide medical care only for Jackson before he notified his staff and other patients and that on the day the singer died, Murray left him an "odd" voicemail at 11:49 a.m., referencing an "overseas sabbatical" (listen to the voicemail here).

Sade Anding, a cocktail waitress in Houston, testified that she met Murray in February 2009 and that he once referred to her as "my girlfriend" "just to play around." She said she last saw him in May 2009 and that on the day Jackson died, he called her. Records show the call was made at 11:51 a.m.

Anding said that and at one point, the doctor stopped speaking. Anding said she heard mumbling, a "shhh" sound and coughing and didn't recognize any of the voices. She said she hung up and was unable to reach Murray again.

Kai Chase, Jackson's personal chef, testified on September 29 that she was preparing lunch for the singer on the day he died when Murray came down the stairs in a panic between 12:05 p.m. and 12:10 p.m. and yelled at her to "go get help, go get security, go get Prince."

Prince is the oldest of the singer's three children. At the time of his father's death, he was 12 years old.

Prince and his sister, Paris, witnessed Murray trying to revive their father from outside the room, the singer's bodyguard, Alberto Alvarez, and security chief Faheem Muhammad confirmed.

Phone records show the doctor called Jackson's assistant, Michael Amir Williams, around 12:13 p.m. on the day the singer died. Alvarez testified that Murray told him to grab several medicine vials before telling him to call 911. Emergency services were summoned around 12:22 p.m., one of the paramedics who tried to revive Jackson had said.

They said Jackson suffered a cardiac arrest before they arrived, although it is unclear when it happened, and appeared lifeless. Murray had attempted to revive the singer, after which paramedics took over. One of them said a UCLA Medical Center doctor relayed to him over the phone to pronounce him dead at 12:57. Murray insisted they take him to the hospital.Alvarez said Murray called her home number from the ambulance at 1:08 p.m. as he rode with Jackson.

Jackson arrived at UCLA Medical Center at 1:13 p.m. PTwo doctors have testified that the singer showed no signs of life when he arrived. They attempted to revive him and one of them said Murray pleaded for them not to give up easily.

Jackson was pronounced dead at UCLA Medical Center at 2:26 p.m. on June 25, 2009.

Opening statements in Murray's trial were made on September 27. That day, one of the prosecutors played to the jury a recording of a voice message by Jackson, found on Murray's iPhone, to demonstrate the effect propofol had on him as he prepared for his "This Is It" tour. The singer's voice is deeply slurred. Jackson's co-director, Kenny Ortega, said the singer appeared unwell days before his death.

Don't forget: In addition to supplying you with full details about the case, OnTheRedCarpet.com will provide a live stream of the Conrad Murray trial, Monday to Friday, from 8:45 a.m. PT / 11:45 a.m. PT. The judge has said it is set to end on October 28.