• BREAKING NEWS ABC shows live and on-demand -- Download the WATCH ABC app!

Occupy OC protest held in city of Orange

October 8, 2011 12:00:00 AM PDT
Demonstrators in the city of Orange on Saturday picketed in solidarity with the Occupy Wall Street protesters in New York.

The demonstrators at the Circle at Chapman and Glassell in Old Towne Orange said they are frustrated with the job market and sagging economy.

The protesters call themselves "the 99 percent," saying many are getting forced out of their homes and must work for low wages, while the other 1 percent gets everything.

"We're in support of Occupy Wall Street to let them know we need help as opposed to them working against us, to invest in the American people," said Linda Swartz.

They have planned a series of local demonstrations in Orange County leading up to a larger one in Irvine next Saturday.

Load Comments