Pomona resident Steven Dwayne Paulson, 46, was apprehended by an Upland police detective, the FBI announced Tuesday night.
Paulson was held on a parole violation and was expected to be charged in connection with the bank robberies on Wednesday.
Investigators believe he robbed a U.S. Bank branch in Chino on Dec. 20 and at least six other banks since then, including on Monday, when it's believed he held up a Comerica Bank in Rancho Cucamonga.
Authorities said the suspect enters the bank, presents a note demanding cash and indicates he has a weapon concealed under his jacket.
The suspect is linked to the following robberies:
- U.S. Bank in Chino on Dec. 20
- Premier Service Bank in Corona on Dec. 22
- Mission Oaks National Bank in Lake Elsinore on Dec. 28
- Union Bank in Glendora on Dec. 30
- Chase Bank in Cerritos on Jan. 3
- U.S. Bank in Chino (same branch as Dec. 20) on Jan. 7
- Comerica Bank in Rancho Cucamonga on Jan. 9