Lindsay Lohan is being sued by a woman who says that she was struck by the actress' vehicle more than a year ago, OnTheRedCarpet.com has learned.
Nubia Del Carmen Preza says in her lawsuit, filed on Wednesday, January 25, that she was walking through an intersection in West Hollywood in September 2010 and suffered "disabling and serious personal injuries, pain, suffering and anguish" after being hit by a Maserati Granturism that she says Lohan was driving.
She is suing both Lohan and a car rental company that she believes owned the vehicle. Preza is seeking damages for medical and incidental expenses, loss and impairment of earnings and earning capacity, the cost of the lawsuit and all accumilated interest.
"We have not been served with this suit so cannot comment on something we have not yet seen," Lohan's spokesperson told OnTheRedCarpet.com in response.
In a similar case earlier this month, a paparazzo sued Lohan, claiming that he was struck in January 2010 by a vehicle in which she was riding in.
Lohan has been on probation since she was convicted of drunken driving and cocaine possession in 2007.
She recently received a solid progress report when she appeared in court to update a judge on how she's meeting the requirements of her probation, which include community service and psychological counseling.
She has completed five stints in jail and was ordered to complete 480 hours of community service at a women's shelter and at a morgue as part of a sentence handed down for a misdemeanor theft charge, which had in itself constituted a violation of her probation.
Lohan's acting career has stalled amid her legal woes. The former child star, who became even more famous with the 2004 movie "Mean Girls," recently posed naked for Playboy magazine for the first time.