• BREAKING NEWS ABC shows live and on-demand -- Download the WATCH ABC app!

Toddler ingests cocaine found on spoon in Va. motel

February 6, 2012 12:00:00 AM PST
A toddler was hospitalized after ingesting cocaine found on a spoon in a Virginia motel room.

The mother and child were staying at the Motel 6 while visiting family in Virginia Beach.

Shortly after they checked in, the boy, who is teething, found the spoon under the bed and stuck it in his mouth. His grandmother immediately took it away.

"She was like, 'Look at this.' I took it from her. The back of the spoon was all burnt up and on top of the spoon, you can see all the residue from the cocaine on it," said the boy's mother, April Portis.

The police were called and the child was rushed to the hospital. The family was moved to another room, but they discovered more drug paraphernalia under the bed there.

The police and health department are investigating the incident.


Load Comments