• BREAKING NEWS ABC shows live and on-demand -- Download the WATCH ABC app!

John Bryson won't be charged in crashes, DA says

July 3, 2012 12:00:00 AM PDT
The Los Angeles District Attorney will not charge ex-Commerce Secretary John Bryson in the two auto collisions he was involved in last month.

Evidence was presented by San Gabriel police to county prosecutors Monday and the D.A.'s decision came Tuesday.

Authorities found the 68-year-old unconscious behind the wheel of his Lexus June 9 after they say he hit one car in San Gabriel and another minutes later in Rosemead. White House officials say Bryson suffered a seizure. He was cited with felony hit and run.

Bryson resigned from his position as U.S. Commerce Secretary nearly two weeks following the crashes after taking medical leave. Upon resigning, he told President Obama he did not want his condition to be a distraction from his job.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.


Load Comments