• BREAKING NEWS ABC shows live and on-demand -- Download the WATCH ABC app!

Fireworks fire displaces 15 people in Compton

A firefighter battles a blaze at a Compton garage. Authorities say the fire was sparked by illegal fireworks.
July 5, 2012 12:00:00 AM PDT
Fifteen people were displaced from their home after a fire started by fireworks broke out in their garage in Compton.

The blaze broke out in an attached garage about 10:30 p.m. Wednesday on the 100 block of Bennett Street. The fire was knocked down in about 45 minutes.

The fire caused $30,000 in damage to the home, which has been red-tagged. No injuries were reported.

The Red Cross is helping the family with temporary housing.


Load Comments