• BREAKING NEWS ABC shows live and on-demand -- Download the WATCH ABC app!

OTRC: Katherine Jackson's family calls missing person's report 'fallacious'

Michael Jackson's family members says a recent missing person's report issued over the alleged disappearance of his mother Katherine was "fallacious" and was part of a "conspiracy" to try to divert attention from a letter they had written that calls for the resignation of executors of his estate.

The 82-year-old matriarch, the guardian of the singer's three children, had been reported missing on Saturday night by an unnamed relative. Her son Jermaine later said in a statement on his Twitter page that she was "safe and well in Arizona with her daughter and our sister, Rebbie, resting up on doctor's advice."

Investigators for the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department were able to locate Katherine Jackson on Sunday, a spokesperson confirmed. The news came shortly after reports of a dispute over Michael Jackson's estate between the executors of his will, John Branca and John McClain, and members of the Jackson family.

"This fallacious missing person's report was created by the very person and persons we are trying to protect our mother from," the Jackson family said in a statement obtained by OnTheRedCarpet.com on Monday, July 23. "We feel that there is a conspiracy to deflect the attention away from a letter we wrote asking for the resignation of executors, John Branca and John McClain, as well as some of her 'advisors' and 'caregivers.'"

The two men have not responded to the Jackson family's comments.

"We feel there is strong evidence that supports the falsification of documents in order to takeover and profit from the estate of our beloved brother, Michael Jackson," the statement added. "We want answers. The only feud that exists is between the Executors of the Estate and this family. This is being handled by the proper authorities and due process will take place."

Concern and media speculation about Katherine's whereabouts grew further during the weekend after the singer's 14-year-old daughter, Paris Jackson, told her some 542,000 Twitter followers that she had not spoken to her grandmother in a week and urged them contact authorities if they had seen her.

In his statement, Jermaine said he was dismayed that "such an alarmist 'missing person' report has caused unnecessary anxiety among Michael's children who will understandably react to what they misunderstand, hear or are told."

"No one is being 'blocked' from speaking with Mother. She is merely an 82-year-old woman following doctor's orders to rest-up and de-stress, away from phones and computers," the statement said. "Everyone has been well aware of this within the family, but I would like to reiterate my reassurance to the outside world that Mother is fine. In the meantime, thank you for all your thoughts and concerns."

Several family members, including Janet Jackson, Randy Jackson, Tito Jackson and Maureen Reillette "Rebbie" Brown (nee Jackson) wrote and signed an undated letter to the executors of his will claiming that it was a fake. The will reportedly left the late singer's fortune to his children, Katherine Jackson and an undisclosed amount to charity.

The letter also claims, according to The Associated Press, that Katherine Jackson has been manipulated by the executors and that she suffered a mini-stroke as a result.

"Yes, the letter is authentic," Randy Jackson wrote on Twitter on July 17. He later added in another Tweet, "We ask that everyone respects that this is a serious matter that will be handled by the proper authorities."

The estate has denied the letter's accusations and Jackson once obtained permission for a judge to investigate the validity of the will but never pursued the matter in court.

Michael Jackson died at age 50 in June 2009 from an accidental overdose of the anesthetic propofol and other medications in his rented Los Angeles mansion. His doctor, Conrad Murray, who prescribed the drug along with several other benzodiazepines, was sentenced to four years in jail in November after being found guilty of involuntary manslaughter.