Local officials unveiled the new code Monday morning. It includes 10 easy-to-understand guidelines.
The code is a list of 10 activities that fans must refrain from.
- Profanity or other offensive language, either spoken or worn on clothing
- Smoking, other than in designated areas
- Intoxication or excessive alcohol consumption
- Bringing prohibited items into the venue
- Throwing of items or liquids
- Entering the playing field or court at any time
- Fighting or other threatening behavior
- Failing to retain a ticket and/or present it to staff when requested
- Reselling tickets at the venue
- Violating state or local laws
Violators face arrest or ejection.
The hope is to create a more secure and enjoyable game-day experience for everyone.
This is the first time a common code will apply to multiple sports facilities in the region.
The Code of Conduct was crafted by a Los Angeles Sports Council task force that included representatives from venues that can hold 10,000 people or more, including Dodger Stadium, Staples Center, Santa Anita Racetrack and the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum.City News Service contributed to this report.