Prince Harry has ended his complaint against British tabloid The Sun which printed naked photos of the royal in Las Vegas.
"Having considered the matter now for a number of weeks, we have decided not to pursue a complaint," a spokesman for St. James's Palace said in a statement. "We remain of the opinion that a hotel room is a private space where its occupants would have a reasonable expectation of privacy."
"Prince Harry is currently focused entirely on his deployment in Afghanistan, so to pursue a complaint relating to his private life would not be appropriate at this time and would prove to be a distraction," the statement continued.
Prince Harry returned to military service two weeks after TMZ posted on August 21 photos that showed Harry naked, playing pool and hugging a girl, inside a Las Vegas hotel room. Harry, who had in the past been dubbed the "party prince," was at the time on a private vacation before scheduled military duty.
The Palace has not announced plans to withdraw their legal action against the French magazine Closer over topless photos of Kate Middleton, the Duchess of Cambridge, which were published online and in print earlier in the month.
Harry was recently targeted in deadly a deadly Taliban attack which killed 2 Marines, on the eve of his 28th birthday on September 15, 2012.
The royal, who is an Apache helicopter pilot in the British army and on the front lines of Afghanistan for his second scheduled military deployment, survived the attack on his base on Camp Bastion in Helmand Province on September 14.
Two U.S. Marines died in the attack, which Taliban sources said was carried out because Harry is there and to avenge an anti-Islamic film that insulted the Prophet Muhammad, according to the Associated Press.
"We attacked that base because Prince Harry was also on it and so they can know our anger," Taliban spokesman Qari Youssef Ahmadi told The Associated Press by telephone. "Thousands more suicide attackers are ready to give up their lives for the sake of the Prophet."
Britain's defense ministry said that they didn't plan to pull Prince Harry out from Afghanistan and that his deployment was carefully planned and threats to British troops are "continually assessed and all measures taken to mitigate it."
Harry, known in the British military as Captain Wales, began his latest deployment in Afghanistan on Friday, September 7. His combat tour, where he serves as a gunner on an Apache attack helicopter, is scheduled to last four months.
Harry is the younger brother of Prince William, who is widely believed to become king, after their father Prince Charles. The brothers are the only children of the late Princess Diana and maintain a large fan base in their native UK.