The giant panda cub was born on July 29. The zoo is following Chinese tradition by naming the male cub after he's 100 days old, coming up in mid-November.
There are six Chinese names to choose from, narrowed down from more than 7,000 suggestions the zoo received last month:
- Qi Ji, which means Miracle
- Yu Di, which means Raindrop
- Da Hai, which means Big Ocean or Big Sea
- Xiao Liwu, which means Little Gift
- Yong Er, which means Brave Son
- Shui Long, which means Water Dragon
Voting started this week and ends next Tuesday, Oct. 30 at 5 p.m. The panda's name will be revealed on Tuesday, Nov. 13, at a public naming ceremony at the San Diego Zoo.