• BREAKING NEWS ABC shows live and on-demand -- Download the WATCH ABC app!

La Puente High School hazing suspects face sexual assault charges

Police are seen outside La Puente High School on Monday, Sept. 24, 2012.

November 7, 2012 12:00:00 AM PST
Three teenagers are facing felony charges surrounding alleged hazing incidents at La Puente High School.

The alleged attacks were reportedly part of a soccer team hazing incident. Authorities say there are four alleged victims.

The names of the teen suspects are not being released, but one is 16 years old and the other two are 17 years old.

The boys were taken into custody last month and then released to their parents. They are scheduled to be arraigned in juvenile court Nov. 19.

An attorney representing the victims' families said earlier that one suspect tried to sexually assault one of his clients with a javelin. The lawyer also claimed the teacher-coach encouraged the hazing.

The sheriff's department confirmed that the alleged hazing happened on campus. It was unclear how long the alleged hazing has been going on for.

The school district said it is providing counseling and are urging students to come forward if they see any inappropriate behavior. Anyone with information was asked to contact the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department Special Victims Bureau at (877) 710-LASD.

Load Comments