Piers Morgan recently faced off against one of people who wants to deport him from the United States due to his call for more gun control -- right-leaning syndicated radio show host Alex Jones.
A "Deport British Citizen Piers Morgan for Attacking 2nd Amendment" petition calling on the U.S. Government to deport Morgan was launched on December 21, shortly after the British citizen and CNN host began speaking out in favor of stricter arms regulations following the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting in Newtown, Connecticut, where gunman Adam Lanza killed 20 children and six adults.
A counter-petition to allow Morgan to remain in the United States was launched days later. On "Piers Morgan Tonight" on Monday, January 7, Morgan said he is in favor of a nationwide ban on military-style semi-automatic assault weapons and high-capacity magazines. Jones maintained that "the second amendment isn't there for duck hunting. It's there to protect us from tyrannical government and street thugs."
Morgan asked Jones point blank: "Why do you want to deport me?"
"Well, we did it as a way to bring attention to the fact that we have all of these foreigners and the Russian government, the official Chinese government ... Mao said political power goes out of the barrel of a gun. He killed about 80 million people 'cause he's the only guy that had the guns. So we did [the petition] to point out that this is globalism."
Check out 13 more notable quotes from Alex Jones on "Piers Morgan Tonight":
1. "I'm here to tell you -- 1776 will commence again if you try to take away our firearms! It doesn't matter how many lemmings (mindless followers) you get out on the street begging for them to have their guns taken! We will not relinquish them! Do you understand?"
2. "That's why you're going to fail and the establishment knows, no matter how much propaganda, the Republic will rise again when you attempt to take our guns."
3. "Why don't you come to America, I'll take you out shooting, you can become an American and join the Republic!"
4. Jones became increasingly angrier after Morgan asked "How many gun murders were there in Britain last year?" Jones' voice became louder as he posed several questions of his own, such as: "How many Great White Sharks kill people every year but they're scared to swim?"
5. Jones also slammed Morgan on a personal level, citing his past career as a tabloid editor in the UK as well as a celebrity hacking scandal that involved several newspapers last year. He told the CNN host: "You're a hatchet man of the new world order!"
6. Jones also posed a physical challenge, saying: "You think you're a tough guy? Have me back with a boxing ring in here and I'll wear red, white and blue and you can wear your Jolly Roger."
7. "Do you understand you're not going to pull on America's heart strings? They know your script. You're not going to get our guns."
8. Morgan asked his question repeatedly. At one point, Jones pulled out a newspaper that had a story about crime in the UK. He then said: "That's the oldest Perry Mason tactic to ask me some little factoid."
9. "I already said earlier, England has a lot lower violent crime rate because you took away the guns, but you've got hoards of people burning down cities and beating old women's brains out every day."
"What a ridiculous statement," Morgan replied.
10. Jones maintains overdosing on prescription pills are also a leading cause of death, saying: "I want to get people off pills that the insert says will make you commit suicide and kill people! I want to blame the real culprit! Suicide pills! Mass murder pills! First time anyone's ever heard this, by the way."
11. Jones at one point spoke in mock British accent, saying: "I can speak in this accent as well," he said. "Hitler fire-bombed his own Reichstag, Piers, to bring in martial law in Germany, April 27th, 1933. Government have staged terror attacks throughout history or allowed terrorists to attack as a pretext to invade and enslave populations."
12. Continuing in his new accent, Jones then said: "I probably own more than 50 firearms -- many of them increased in value, two, three or even four times. I sleep very comfortably outside Austin, Texas knowing that I can defend my family."
13. Morgan then stated again that Jones is a man who wants him deported from the United States. Jones said: "It's to point out you're a foreigner, a Red coat, here telling us what do to."
"Whatever," Morgan replied.