• BREAKING NEWS ABC shows live and on-demand -- Download the WATCH ABC app!

Pasadena apartment fire: items too close to floor heater

A fire began in an apartment in a building on the 700 block of Worcester Avenue in Pasadena on Sunday, Feb. 24, 2013.
February 25, 2013 12:00:00 AM PST
A fire that burned a Pasadena apartment building Sunday was started by flammable items placed too close to a floor heater, the Pasadena Fire Department said Monday.

The fire began in an apartment in the building located on the 700 block of Worcester Avenue at about 5:15 p.m. It was caused by "combustibles too close to a floor heater," the fire department said Monday.

Several people were rescued by firefighters.

One person was hospitalized. She was in stable condition Monday and was expected to make a full recovery. Three children were also treated at the hospital.

Red Cross was assisting the 61 residents who were displaced by the fire.

At least two apartment units were damaged by the fire, and others appeared to sustain smoke and water damage.


Load Comments