They say you never forget your first kiss -- and Kirsten Dunst couldn't even if she wanted to.
The 30-year-old actress has starred in many popular and success films -- she "brought it" as a cheerleader in "Bring It On" and played the female lead in the original "Spider-Man" trilogy and "Marie Antoinette" -- but there is one movie moment people can't stop talking about: The time she kissed Brad Pitt in "Interview With The Vampire."
Dunst was 11 years old when the R-rated 1994 movie began production in late 1993. She played Claudia, a child turned into a vampire against her will. The film starred a then-29-year-old Pitt as melancholy vamp Louie and Tom Cruise as his ruthless companion Lestat. In one scene, Claudia leans over Louie, who is lying on his back, and kisses him briefly. It marked Dunst's first kiss -- ever.
"It was just a peck," Dunst told Bullet magazine in an interview published in its Spring 2013 issue. "Everyone at the time was like, 'You're so lucky you kissed Brad Pitt, but I thought it was disgusting. I didn't kiss anyone else until I was 16, I think. I was a late bloomer."
Dunst, who is currently promoting her latest project, a role in the sci-fi film "Upside Down," has made similar comments in the past. Here are 5 examples:
- 1. She told the Los Angeles Times in 1994: "Kissing Brad Pitt! It was horrible and I hated it. Brad and Tom were like my big brothers on the set, so it was like kissing your big brother--totally gross! He said, 'How do you think I feel? I have to kiss a little girl.' It was awful!"
2. She told the Associated Press in 1994, regarding her on-screen kiss with Pitt: "That was difficult because I hated it. It's like kissing an older brother."
3. She told the Scripps Howard News Service in 1995 that Pitt "was like my big brother -- like a big goof," adding: "I had this scene [in 'Interview With The Vampire'] where I had to kiss him. It was gross because his lips were so ... dry."
4. She told Interview magazine in 1998: "Kissing Brad was so uncomfortable for me. I remember saying in interviews that I thought it was gross, that Brad had cooties."
5. In 2002, She told the Leigh Valley, Pennsylvania newspaper The Morning Call: "I'm tired of being the girl who kissed Brad Pitt when he was a vampire. I need to grow up on screen. It was like kissing my brother because that's the way I thought about Brad back then. In fact, I still think of him that way."
Brad Pitt's response: In 1995, when asked about Dunst's negative comments about their on-screen kiss, the actor told the Chicago Sun-Times, while laughing: "She is a tough one. And such a smart girl. I want to keep in touch, so she doesn't grow up too fast in this business."