Cory Monteith died of a "mixed drug toxicity, involving heroin and alcohol," Canadian coroner's office officials said on Tuesday, July 16, following an autopsy.
The Canadian "Glee" actor was found dead in a hotel room at the Fairmont Pacific Rim hotel in downtown Vancouver on Saturday. He was 31.
"Post-mortem testing, which included an autopsy and toxicological analysis, found that Mr. Monteith, aged 31, died of a mixed drug toxicity, involving heroin and alcohol," the British Columbia Coroner's Service said in a statement obtained by OTRC.com.
The group added that the investigation into this death would continue, adding: "at this point, there is no evidence to suggest Mr. Monteith's death was anything other than a most-tragic accident. When the investigation is concluded, a coroners report will be issued."
Monteith was expected to check out of the hotel on the day he died. When he didn't, hotel staff checked his room and found him lifeless, the group said.
Monteith, who played Finn on the FOX show "Glee," was mourned by co-stars, including his real-life girlfriend, Lea Michele. Check out their reactions as well as videos of five of our favorite Cory Monteith red carpet moments.
Watch a video statement from a British Columbia Coroner's Service official announcing the cause of Cory Monteith's death: