• BREAKING NEWS ABC shows live and on-demand -- Download the WATCH ABC app!

OTRC: Beyonce did not photo-bomb fan, did agree to selfie (Update, Video)

Beyonce appears at the 2013 Chime For Change: The Sound Of Change Live Concert at Twickenham Stadium on June 6, 2013. / The singer appears with a fan at a concert in Australia on Oct. 25, 2013. (Angela Lubrano/Livepix/Dalle/startraksphoto.com / http://n-uumb.tumblr.com/post/65221606937/so-um-beyonce-posed-for-my-selfie)

An Australian teenage girl who made headlines by posting a selfie of herself and Beyonce, shot while the singer was performing at a recent concert, says the picture was taken with permission.

The 15-year-old, who goes by Valentina, clarified the incident in an update posted on her Tumblr blog, where she had posted the photo originally earlier this week.

"Okay so as most of the people that have recently followed me i have been the girl that got her selfie 'photobombed' by Beyonce when in fact i asked her for the photo so she posed and smiled as the perfect person she is!" she said. "Just thought i'd clear the air haha (sic)."

The girl also shared a YouTube video showing her approaching and talking to Beyonce and posing for the selfie (watch it below).

Beyonce is currently on tour in Australia and returns to perform in North America in November.

(Copyright ©2014 OnTheRedCarpet.com. All Rights Reserved.)

Load Comments