The first reported case of tainted candy occurred in Moreno Valley Saturday.
A 2-year-old child was taken to the hospital after having symptoms similar to someone under the influence of illegal drugs.
The boy had been playing with other kids at his neighbor's house. Within minutes of arriving home, his mother noticed he started acting strange and immediately took him to a local hospital.
Neighbor Chris Hernandez says the only thing the child had eaten that night was candy.
"The only he had that night was candy, and within an hour or an hour-and-a-half later, that's when we noticed he was acting different," said Hernandez. "We had the candy, they took it and tested it and they said it came back positive."
Police believe the candy was obtained while trick-or-treating on the 2500 block of Calabria Way in Moreno Valley.
Information on what exactly the candy was laced with has not been released. Officials said the 2-year-old's case was the only report of a candy-releated illness in the area so far.
Another possible case of tainted candy was tied to Huntington Beach. Police say a boy was hallucinating and seemed to be under the influence of methamphetamine when he was rushed to the hospital Sunday.
The child, who is an elementary school student, is believed to have become sickened after eating Halloween candy collected in the area of Beach Boulevard and Atlanta Avenue.
Officers are still trying to confirm whether the case is connected to tainted candy.
"We are not 100 percent sure that this ingestion came from Halloween candy, but it's a possibility so we're putting out a warning to anybody who trick-or-treated in the area, or anywhere really," said Huntington Beach Police Lt. Mitch O'Brien.
Authorities are warning parents to inspect their child's Halloween candy. If anything looks unwrapped or torn, throw it out. The same goes for anything that's homemade.
Anyone with information regarding the Huntington Beach case or similiar cases was urged to contact Huntington Beach Police at (714) 536-5967.