• BREAKING NEWS ABC shows live and on-demand -- Download the WATCH ABC app!

OTRC: Alec Baldwin's MSNBC show canceled: 'This is a mutual parting' (Poll)

Alec Baldwin appears on a street in New York City on Oct. 21, 2013. (Javier Mateo / Startraksphoto.com)

Alec Baldwin's late-night MSNBC show "Up Late With Alec Baldwin" has been canceled, less than two weeks after the cable network suspended the program following a confrontation the Emmy-winning actor had with the paparazzi.

The 55-year-old "30 Rock" alum made headlines earlier this month when he cursed out a celebrity photographer in New York, where he lives and is constantly followed by many, and uttered what many believed was an anti-gay slur. The actor apologized, saying he "did not intend to hurt or offend anyone." He wrote in a Huffington Post column that he never uttered a "homophobic slur."

After video of the confrontation was posted online shortly after the incident, MSNBC suspended his talk show "Up Late With Alec Baldwin" for two weeks. On Tuesday, Nov. 26, the cable channel confirmed the series would no longer air.

"'Up Late' will not continue on MSNBC," the network said in a statement posted on the show's website. "This is a mutual parting and we wish Alec all the best."

Ratings for the show have fallen about 40 percent since its October debut. Its most recent and now final episode, which aired on Nov. 8, was watched by 395,000 people.

Baldwin had said n his Huffington Post piece that "if the show dies, its fate ends up being no different than the vast majority of start-up TV programming, and so be it."

Do you think MSNBC should have canceled Alec Baldwin's show? Vote in our poll below.

(Copyright ©2014 OnTheRedCarpet.com. All Rights Reserved.)

Load Comments