It happened shortly after 10 p.m. Friday on the 13700 block of Hoover Street.
Misael Flores was hanging out with friends when he saw flames shooting from his neighbor's mobile home and ran to help.
"I did what I could. I see his house engulfed in flames. I see him on the ground so I picked him up and I brought him to my house. He's doing good now. He told me everything was an electrical problem," Flores described.
The 87-year-old is OK. He was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation.
The Red Cross is helping him find temporary housing.